Liver cirrhosis is an alarming disease which affects basic liver function and creates an invisible scar. During this disease, abnormal tissues replacethe normal tissues of the liver. People,suffering from liver cirrhosis also the chronic symptoms like jaundice, itching, loss of appetite, fatigue etc.affect them.
Liver cirrhosis happens because:-
- Extreme alcohol consumption
When a person is having alcohol every day and if alcohol consumption exceeds the prescribed capacity, then the lever function will affect by 30 percent more than the basic level. Alcohol consumption differs from man to woman. A woman should not take more than a peg of alcohol a day and a man should not have more than two drinks a day.
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
The symptoms of this non-alcoholic fatty liver disease are very similar to the ailments caused by consumption of over alcohol. Non-alcoholic is referring to the fact that a person does not consume over alcohol but he is suffering from the same disease. Both of this disease has one common factor,i.e. increasing fat level in the liver.
- Viral hepatitis
Hepatitis denotes the irritation of liver and it happens because of having over alcohol during the time of doctor prescribed meditation. However, the people who suffer from viral hepatitis,livercirrhosisoften not affectthem.
Liver cirrhosis symptoms
People get to suffer from various kinds of painful symptoms before developing this disease. Such as:
- Irritated skin
- Easily prone to bruises and bleeding
- Fluid increase in the abdomen
- Weight loss
- Swollen legs
- Loss of appetite
- Spider-like blood vessels on the skin
- Physical examination to check the size and shape of the liver
- Blood test
- Biopsy and surgery
- CT scan
- Portal hypertension leads to this disease. The reason for this disease is having increased pressure in the blood vessel and connecting digestive organsto the liver. These varices bleed simply. Consequently, excessive bleeding and fluid in the abdomen lead to ascites.
- It results in developing confused thinking and other mental changes (hepatic encephalopathy). Liver function detoxifies toxins. But after the occurrence of cirrhosis, detoxification in the liver is not possible.
Treatment for Liver cirrhosis
Depending on the damage level developed by cirrhosis, the patient can get better either by changing lifestyle or through doctor-prescribed medication.
- Lifestyle adjustments
People, who have already suffered from the liver cirrhosis, should take the help of medication to reduce this addiction. Because changing lifestyle is the first stage of awareness as well as prevention.
People suffering from the non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseshould try to increase their weight and regulate the blood sugar level. If a person is having hepatitis, then doctors prescribe some steroids or antiviral drugs to reduce liver cell injury.
- Treatment through medication
Medications are prescribed to control the symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis. A doctor prescribes diuretics to eliminateexcessive fluid and to prohibit edema from recurring. Proper dieting and medicines are the best liver cirrhosis treatment in Indiaor the dysfunctional mental condition.